Sunday, December 2, 2012

Glitter ornaments--HSS146



This card was MESSY!!  Holy moly!  There was is glitter everywhere.  It was really fun to make. I made this card for the Hand Stamped Sentiments inspiration challenge #146.  I actually used the Jumbo Sticky Rounds from the Stampin Up Holiday catalog.  I used 3 of them for this card.  I started with the blue ornament.  I stuck one sticky round in the corner then I punched another using the boho blossom punch "star/flower" shape.  I stuck those pieces right on top of the sticky round but I didn't remove the red backing.  Then I covered the sticky round with my blue glitter (non-su), tapped that off then removed the red backing from the stars and dumped some purple glitter on it.  Then I just used the same concept on the gold ornament.  However, for the gold ornament I just used strips of sticky strip to create the stripes.  For the ornament toppers, I cut 2 of the tops using the ornament framelits from brushed silver paper.  The hangers are just some 1/8" black taffeta and a bow.  Turned out pretty cute!  And so much fun! 


Funny story (sort of): while I was in the middle of making this card, someone came to our front door.  So, I ran downstairs to answer the door.  While talking to our visitor, my four year old runs up and says, "Mommy, you gotta come upstairs now...fast".  Ok, gotta go.  Run into my craft room and this is what I found:
 
See the four little EMPTY jars of glitter....and my two-year olds feet in the background?  Well, needless to say, the canister on my vacuum is very glittery and shiny now!  Four jars of beautiful glitter down the tubes.  UGGGHHH   Lesson learned!

6 comments:

  1. Very Pretty!!! Great job with the sparkle!!!
    Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are too cute--I am glad to see they too love glitter. Your sparkly card is fabulous and perfect for the challenge this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Thanks for joining us, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I rarely use glitter, it seems my girls can always sense when it is out. This is really fantastic. I love how you used the sticky rounds, so clever. Thanks for playing with HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, bummer about the glitter...but in true blogger style you ran for your camera and took a pic instead of for the vacuum. Lol!! I love the card and how it's true to the inspiration! Great idea with the sticky rounds and tape! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your floor full of glitter! LOL! I have had similar catastrophes - they're always more fun in hindsight, aren't they?! I SUPER love your glittered ornaments. What a great idea, to just use the whole sticky round. I love that idea!!! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love all the sparkle!!!! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments! And better luck next time with the glitter:-) Oh I can't wait for little ones:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...