Wednesday, August 29, 2012

At least I finished it....sort of



This card has been bothering me and now I'm just done with it!!  I am not "over the moon" with how it turned out, but at least I finished it.  I used the new Early Espresso embossing powder and did the "emboss resist" technique using a sponge for the sunset/trees.  One of my favorite ways to "add" to a card is to distress the edges, so I did a little just around the edges of the image layer.  I am really enjoying using the piercing templates too.  They add such a subtle detail, but it really makes an impact.  You can't tell in the picture but I actually colored the white edge of the 1/8" taffeta ribbon using my Lucky Limeade marker.   It's pretty unusual for me to have so many different elements on one card, but I guess that's what happens when you aren't happy with your creative process.... Oh and what about a sentiment for this card?  Where is it?  I don't know, I think I gave up by that point.  What do you think it should be?  Where should I put it? Should I add one at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...